Panasci Business Plan Competition.
April 10, 2020
While there are many steps involved in translating great ideas into great businesses, a key step is the creation of a business plan. A business plan may address the uncertainties surrounding the many decisions you have to make about your businesses. It is a blueprint and a roadmap.
The Panasci Business Plan Competition is a campus-wide student business plan competition, hosted by the Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship, and made possible by long-time Whitman supporter, the late Henry A. Panasci, founder of Fay's Drugs.
The Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship is hosting the annual Panasci Business Plan Competition for students at Syracuse University and SUNY-ESF in spring 2020. Applicants in the Panasci Business Plan Competition will write and submit a business plan for the chance to advance to the semi-finals and finals, held on April 10-11 in Syracuse, NY. With more than $42,000 in cash prizes, this competition is a great opportunity to compete for seed funding for your business (or idea). Itís also a great way to network with competition judges including high-level entrepreneurs and alumni.
- Team leader must be a full-time or part-time matriculated student, undergraduate, or graduate level, who is currently enrolled in and pursuing a degree program, and who is registered at Syracuse University or SUNY ESF. Other team members can be non-SU/ESF students or community members
- Ideas submitted as part of a team's new business venture must represent the original work of the team members
- If the new venture has already received funding from any outside sources (angel investors, other competitions, etc.), amounts, investors, and dates of funding must be disclosed in the initial entry Ė funding must not exceed $100,000
- Prize money is granted only to the business entity that the winning team forms, e.g. a corporation or LLC
- Applications are due by midnight on February 7, 2020.
- At least one member of each team must attend the competitionís orientation session (TBD).
Overview and Judging
The Panasci Business Plan Competition rewards both the innovativeness of the idea and the quality of the plan, including innovative thinking regarding new markets, products and services, coupled with the ability to strategize on how to make it happen.
Rules and Regulations
View the rules and regulations of the annual competition.