SCB Future Leader Challenge (SCBFLC)
August 08, 2020
Provide a a practical learning platform by using dynamic business case issue faced in the real world, promote a strong and long term relationship between academic world (universities) and industries. To promote cross-cultural exchange and Thailand tourism industry.
SCB Future Leader Challenge (SCBFLC) is Thailand’s first business case competition for master’s degree students. The history of SCBFLC goes back to 2014 when Siam Commercial Bank and Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University has joined hand for a commitment to promote learning and develop the potentials of next-generation leaders. The competition is fast-paced and a real-life learning platform for students. Participants will be challenged by a team of judges including top business leaders, industry experts and academic professionals. Not only will there be a chance for students to boost their career opportunities and grow their global network of contacts, but there is also a prize of over 6,500 USD in value to be won.
The cases will cover several aspects of business including marketing, finance, operation, innovation, strategy etc. However, the case’s key question will focus on the real business issues such as how can the company rebrand or tap new customer segment, change distribution channel, expand internationally, capture the emerging trend in the industry, launch new innovation product or service etc.
- The whole competition will be conducted in English.
- The competition is divided into 3 rounds:
· Preliminary round (online)
· Semi-final round (SCB Tawanron Training Center, Chonburi)
· Final round (SCB Talad Noi, Bangkok)
- Participants must form a team of four members.
- Team members must be currently enrolled master’s degree students, or a combination of up to one alumnus (graduated within 1 year from the registration deadline).
- Team members must be from the same university/college.
- No more than five teams per program may enter the competition.
- Any participants that competed in previous year’s SCBFLC semi-final round are not eligible for this year’s entry. However, advisors from the previous year may attend the semi-final and final rounds.
- Team members must remain in their original groups throughout the competition.